Sabtu, 28 September 2013

Filled Under: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

My Plum & Sage Dining Room Makeover: Finished!


It's taken me a while to get a chance to write this follow-up post because this has been 
a busy year for me! My work on my new jewelry instruction book is finished and the 
book is now in the design stages, so now that I am finished working on that, I can 
get back to blogging a little more often, Yay! 

Anyway, a while back I did a blog post about how I painted my dining room table and 
chairs black and recovered the seats with pretty new fabric in the colors that I had
 planned on redoing my entire dining room in: sage green and plum. The dining set was 
originally painted an ugly hunter green with burgundy seats - yuck - a look that 
screamed 1980's. I was thrilled with my newly redone table and chairs, but I still 
hadn't even painted the room! 

Well, it's finally finished! And aside from adding a few more things to the walls 
(that takes time!) I thought I would share with you my new look. I love this color combination because I think it compliments vintage style very well, but it still 
has a modern, contemporary look that is very stylish and current. The plum and 
sage are a hint Bohemian - maybe an unusual color choice for some, but its 
what I always wanted so I made it happen! Check it out!


BEFORE:

This photo of the dining room was taken right when I purchased the house, 
before I even moved in...



AFTER:

My new look! I am in love with this color combination!




Here we have the awful green and behind it the sleek new black!



Here's a finished chair. Note the old wall color behind it. Yuck! 



My swanky new dining room! I got the area rug and plum sheers at Target!



Love!



What do you think?












0 komentar:

Posting Komentar